Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Subclass 482 Visa – Frequently Asked Questions
Australian Registered Migration Agent 1801905
Email: [email protected]
Australian Phone Number: +61 (0)422 605 501
PO Box 302, Sunnybank, Brisbane QLD 4109
253 William St Northbridge 6003, Western Australia
457coming to an end
With the 457 visa coming to an end, many skilled migrants are confused and worried about their prospects of living and working in Australia. The Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Subclass 482 visa is now – as of 18th March 2018 – in place as a replacement for the former 457 visa.
Frequently asked questions
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions about the new Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Subclass 482 visa:
When do the changes to the 457 visa come into effect?
- As we mentioned – these changes are effective as of 18th March 2018. This means you can no longer apply for a 457 after this date.
- This also means that the TSS visa now replaces the 457 visa.
- The changes also apply to permanent employer sponsored ENS and RSMS visas lodged on or after 18th March 2018.
I applied for a 457 before 18th March 2018, what happens now?
Relax! If you lodged your visa application before the cut off date it will still continue to be processed and be accessed as per the migration regulations that were in place at the time at which you made your application. However, if a 457 nomination is filed before 18th March 2018 but there is no linked 457 filed by this date then the nomination cannot be processed and you may receive a refund.
How are the TSS Visa and 457 Visa different?
- The TSS is broken down into three streams; the Short Term, Medium Term and Labour Agreement streams
- Tougher systems are in place for Work Experience, English Language and Health Requirements
- Employers must make a bid to hire an Australian before an overseas worker
How much will a TSS Visa cost me?
The rate will vary depending on which stream you are applying for;
- Short Term Stream: $1,150
- Medium Term Stream: $2,400
- Labour Agreement Stream: $2,400
If you have more questions regarding the new TSS visa you may wish to speak to a registered migration agent.